Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 8, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Air Algerie AH5017 Black Box Tape 'Unintelligible'
Link to BBC News article:
2) Airports in Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, Louisiana Reject Ads Focusing on Women's Issues
Link to stories:
3) China to Build Lighthouses on Five Isles in Defiance of US Call
Link to Reuters article:
4) New Transport App for Vision-Impaired Londoners
Link to article on Londonist:
5) JustPark App Helps BMW Mini Drivers Find a Parking Space
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
6) New York State Relies on Oil Train Operators to Self-Report
Link to article on Capital:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Studies Look at Distracted Driving for Teens and Young Adults
Link to article in USA Today:
8) New Device Aims to Keep Drivers' Hands on the Wheel, Eyes on the Road
Link to article in the Bradenton Herald:
9) Maritime Mobile Service Network Aids in Separate Land-Based Emergencies
Link to article in AARL Letter:
10) Report Issued on New Jersey Transit's Handling of Super Bowl Crowd
Link to article in The Record:
11) Tesla Invites Hackers for a Spin
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
1) Gogo Receives FAA Certification to Have Gogo Vision Installed as Stand-Alone Product for Commercial Aviation
Sonny Corleone would still be alive today if he had E-ZPass.
ITS Connecticut Annual Meeting – September 29 – Cromwell, Connecticut
Today in Transportation History
1969 **45th anniversary** Ian Macmillan takes an iconic photo of the Beatles crossing Abbey Road.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net