Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, August 25, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
HERE to showcase connected vehicle, automated driving, and predictive traffic applications at ITS World Congress
HERE is a Nokia business with nearly 30 years of experience in collecting, processing and distributing vast amounts of map, traffic, and dynamic data to support consumer, automotive, and government transportation applications.
Please join HERE at ITS WC to see our next generation of automotive navigation and connected driving applications during ITS World Congress in Detroit on 7 – 11 September 2014 at Belle Isle or click http://here.com/business to learn more.
1) Sparks Fly on Privatizing Air Traffic Control
Link to article from The Wall Street Journal:
2) The End of Airport Check-In? Hawaiian Airlines Testing Pre-printed Bag Tags in Seattle
Link to article on GeekWire:
3) More Cameras Needed on Atlanta Metro Highways
Link to column in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Two Galileo Navigation Satellites Launched in Wrong Orbit
Link to article in Computerworld:
5) EU-US Sustainability Working Group to Hold Joint Workshop on September 12 in Detroit
Link to update:
6) Latest News from the ERTICO Network
Link to update:
7) Moving from 'Data' to 'Information' in Trucking
Link to article in Fleet Owner:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
8) Illinois DOT Launches Innovative 'Driving Dead' Traffic Safety Campaign
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
9) Incorrect, Failed I-95 Construction Signs Create Mass Confusion, Huge Traffic Jam in Maryland
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
10) Traffic Paparazzi Contribute to Massive Slowdown on I-5 in Washington State
Link to story on KIRO Radio:
11) Card System a Boost for Public Transit in Abu Dhabi
Link to article in The National:
12) Chicago Charts a Course in Autonomous Vehicles
Link to article in Automotive News:
Webcast: Creating Traffic Incident Management Teams for Responder Safety – August 27
Today in Transportation History
1819 **195th anniversary** James Watt, a mechanical engineer who made significant improvements to the steam engine and developed the concept of horsepower, was born in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net