Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Mitsubishi Electric Display Wall and ACTIVU team up to create real-time situational awareness for Morris County’s emergency center.
Morris County’s EOC is manned 24/7/365 with up to 36 public safety telecommunicators at their own communication consoles. A three-high, six-wide display wall using eighteen 67”Mitsubishi XGA rear-projection cubes gives public safety telecommunicators and supervisors an at-a-glance view of all emergency activity going on in the county.
Read more at:
1) Aromatic Scent Technology Introduced at Phnom Penh International Airport
Link to article in Airport World:
2) Transparent Airfares Act Needs More Transparency
Link to commentary from McClatchy News Service:
3) Singapore's LTA Unveils Master Plan to Build Intelligent Transport Network
Link to story on Channel NewsAsia:
4) How Manila Plans to Use ITS as Part of Data-Sharing Among Agencies
Link to article in FutureGov Asia:
5) New US DOT Professional Capacity Building ITS Case Study: National ITS Architecture
Link to more information:
6) Florida DOT's SunGuide Disseminator – August 2014
Link to newsletter:
7) Alstom Launches Live 4G Pilot for Communication Based Train Control
Link to article in Metro:
8) Latest Status Symbol for Hamptons Elite is Adopting a Highway
Link to article in the New York Post:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Facial Recognition to be Tested at Japan Airports
Link to article on Biometric Update:
10) LED Vests Could Help Drivers See Pedestrians
Link to article in The Courier-Journal:
11) Dubai 'Mole' in Trucks to Rat-Out Speedsters
Link to article on Emirates 24|7:
12) Toronto Transit to Roll Out 'Point and Acknowledge' to Improve Subway Door Safety
Link to article in the Toronto Sun:
13) Pay Your London Bus Fare by Phone – if You're an EE Customer
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
Link to news release
14) London Buses Trialing Free Wi-Fi
Link to article on TechDigest:
15) At BMW Welt, Its i-cars Have Eye on the Future
Link to article in USA Today:
16) Platooning Trucks: A Virtual Reality
Link to article in Fleet Owner:
17) Why Are Americans so Suspicious of Self-Driving Cars?
Link to article on CityLab:
SNAME Maritime Convention – October 20-25 – Houston
Today in Transportation History
1844 **170th anniversary** James Henry Greathead, a pioneering railway and tunneling engineer, was born in Grahamstown, South Africa.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net