Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 14, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register now for CVTA’s 5th Annual Summit on the Future of the Connected Vehicle!
Join the conversation and take home brand-new insights on the toughest topics in the Connected Vehicle space! Not only can you come find out what’s happening, you’ll also be part of figuring out what’s next! Fellow thought leaders will include: Automakers, Tier 1 and 2 Suppliers; Hardware, Software, Telecommunications, and Service Providers; Insurers, and State and Federal government officials.
This year’s event will be held on September 11th, 2014 at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan, co-located with the 14th ITS World Congress. Summit attendees are eligible for discounted World Congress Exhibition and Demonstrations passes and hotel rates. Register today at www.connectedvehicle.org/events – summit attendance is limited to 150!
1) Why Major Airports Are Missing a Trick with Their Lack of Free Wi-Fi Access
Link to article in Information Age:
2) Samsung Places Ads Around Airport Power Outlets
Link to article on CNET:
3) Raytheon Wins $130 Million Contract to Install AET on Massachusetts Turnpike
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
Link to news release
4) Cobra King Maritime Radar System Commissioned on US Navy Ship
Link to article on naval-technology:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) KSTP-TV Takes Metro Transit to Court in Minnesota
Link to story on KTSP-TV:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
6) Uber Announces New Rideshare App Features
Link to article on Tech Times:
7) Berlin Bans Uber App, Citing Passenger Safety
Link to article in Fortune:
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
8) Traffic Incident Management Training is Improving Safety, Transforming Incident Response Across Missouri
Link to article in The Missouri Municipal Review:
9) New Jersey Governor Taps Into Anger at NJ Transit; Exchanges Tweets with Testy Riders
Link to article in The Record:
10) Start-Up TransitScreen Gets Lift from DC Real Estate Deal
Link to article in The Washington Post:
11) Open Data and Driverless Buses: How London Transport Heads to the Future
Link to article in The Guardian:
- Nominations Sought – Mike Russell Trucking Industry Image Award – American Trucking Associations
US DOT Connected Vehicles Pilot Program Webinar Series Part 1: Concepts, Phases, Waves and Partnerships – August 27
Today in Transportation History
1919 **95th anniversary** The first airplane flight between Montreal and Quebec took place.
1974 **40th anniversary** The East-West Tollway, now known as the Ronald Reagan Memorial Tollway, opened in Illinois.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net