Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 28, 2014 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register now for CVTA’s 5th Annual Summit on the Future of the Connected Vehicle!
Join the conversation and take home brand-new insights on the toughest topics in the Connected Vehicle space! Not only can you come find out what’s happening, you’ll also be part of figuring out what’s next! Fellow thought leaders will include: Automakers, Tier 1 and 2 Suppliers; Hardware, Software, Telecommunications, and Service Providers; Insurers, and State and Federal government officials.
This year’s event will be held on September 11th, 2014 at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan, co-located with the 14th ITS World Congress. Summit attendees are eligible for discounted World Congress Exhibition and Demonstrations passes and hotel rates. Register today at – summit attendance is limited to 150!
1) UN Group to Launch Programs to Provide Pilots with Information on War Zones
Link to article in The Hill:
2) New Advocacy Group Urges Spending on Airports, Air-Traffic Control Technology
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to Travelers' Voice
3) For One Student, Dreams of Drone-Based Advertising Take Flight
Link to article in Fortune:
4) Iowa DOT: I-380 Speed Cameras Don't Comply with Rules
Link to story on KCRG-TV:
5) Here for Gear Teased by Nokia on Twitter, Official Announcement Coming Friday
Link to article on AndroidHeadlines:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Defends Safety Score
Link to article in Transport Topics:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) South African Government Turns to Tech for Road Safety
Link to article on ITWeb:
8) This Seat Belt Could Stop You from Falling Asleep at the Wheel
Link to article on The Huffington Post:
9) The Differences Between Software and Telematics
Link to article in BusinessCar:
10) Hidden Obstacles for Google's Self-Driving Cars
Link to article in MIT Technology Review:
11) A Driverless Car 'Utopia' Could Soon Be Here, and This Company Will Be Behind It
Link to article on Quartz:
12) GM Drops HD Radio from Some 2015 Models
Link to column in Radio World:
Link to blog from Strategy Analytics
3) Iteris Awarded $1.2 Million Transportation Performance Management Task Order from National Highway Institute
International Conference Connected Vehicles – September 18 – Brussels
Today in Transportation History
1609 **405th anniversary** Henry Hudson, and his ship the Half Moon, sailed into Delaware Bay in search of a route to Asia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2014 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net