Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 10, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Marks GPS Approach Milestone
Link to article on AOPA Online:
2) How Airlines are Using Google Plus
Link to article and infographic on SimpliFlying:
3) San Francisco Muni Wants More Cameras to Catch Cars in Bus Lanes
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
4) Maritime Broadband Said to be 'Affordable'
Link to article in The Motorship:
Link to news release from Iridium Communications:
5) Microchip Off the Old City Block: New Yok City DOT Embraces Technology
Link to story on WNET-TV's MetroFocus:
6) Japan Testing Traffic Lights for Color-Blind Drivers
Link to article in The Telegraph:
7) UK's AA Latest Insurance Provider to Dive into Telematics
Link to article in Insurance Age:
8) SEPTA Operators Undergo Conflict-Resolution Training
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
9) Cork, Ireland Bus Passengers Kept Up to Speed by New Signs
Link to article in The Cork News:
Link to news release from the National Transport Authority:
10) Trying Travel Apps in Real-Time
Link to column in The New York Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Tornado? Traffic Snarl? New App Gives Updates for Tennessee
Link to article in The Tennessean:
12) Don't Look Now: A Car That Tweets
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
Webinar: Innovation in Machine-to-Machine Platforms, Applications and Standards – February 15
The newest version of traffic enforcement cameras debut in France.
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** U-2 pilot Gary Powers was released in exchange for a Soviet spy at the Glienicke Bridge between Berlin and Pottsdam.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net