Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, February 8, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Attend IBTTA Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees and Transportation Finance Summit, April 29-May 1, 2012 in Jersey City, New Jersey
This conference combines the best features of IBTTA's Transportation Finance Summit with the depth of content from the Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees organized by the Texas Department of Transportation Institute and the University of Minnesota in 2009-2011. Sessions will explore the latest studies and pilot programs in mileage-based user fees and the diverse range of financing tools available to toll agencies, state DOTs and local governments. Conference Partners: Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota; Texas Transportation Institute and TRB. Co-Sponsors: I-95 Corridor Coalition, Mileage-Based User Fee Alliance and the Reason Foundation. View the preliminary agenda, make your hotel and travel reservations, and register today! www.ibtta.org/jerseycity
1) First Commercial Flight Operates with Certified Traffic Situational Awareness System
Link to article in Air Traffic Management:
2) ADS-B Traffic, Weather Now Available in 51 Terminal Areas
Link to article on AOPA Online:
3) Partnering to Modernize Our Nation's Transportation System
Link to US DOT's Fast Lane blog:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) TomTom Satnavs to Tell Good Drivers from Bad
Link to Reuters article:
Link to news release:
5) 'Intelligent Transport' Plan Being Developed in Qatar
Link to article in the Gulf Times:
6) ADAM (Automation Development for Autonomous Mobility) Project Kicks Off
Link to article from ERTICO:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) A Bus Depot and a Fight to Photograph New York City
Link to article in The New York Times:
8) February Resources for Transportation Communication Pros
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
9) OnStar Ends FamilyLink Pilot, Examining Next Steps
Link to GM Authority blog:
10) Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Bans Alcohol Advertisements on Transit Systems
Link to article in The Tufts Daily:
11) 'Alight?' How About Just 'Exit?'
DC Metrobus sign causes some confusion.
Link to blog in The Washington Post:
ATC Global 2012 – March 6-8 – Amsterdam
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary**
Robert Fowler became the first person to fly across the US from the West Coast to the East Coast.
Emmanouel Argyoropoulos became the first Greek aviator to fly over his homeland.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net