Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Obama Signs FAA Bill Set to Usher in Progress on New Air Traffic Control System
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) Using Social Media to Improve Airport Security
Link to article from The Partnership for Public Service:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) FCC Will Nix GPS-Jamming LightSquared Wireless Network
Link to AP article:
4) Does Government GIS Data Belong to the People?
California court case showcases the importance of public access to tax-funded databases.
Link to article in Cadalyst:
5) News from the Center for Transportation Studies
- Enhanced Snow Simulation System Aims to Improve Safety
- Buses Use Wireless Communication to Move Forward
6) ITS Joint Program Office Releases Turbo Architecture Version 7.0
Link to further information from US DOT:
7) NTSB: Crew of Derailed Train Not Warned About Washout
Canadian National faulted for inadequate emergency communications system.
Link to AP article:
Link to report synopsis from the National Transportation Safety Board:
8) Positive Train Control: FRA Expects to Ramp up Regulatory Efforts as Railroads Amp Up Implementation Work
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
9) How Hard Can It Be to Pass a Chinese Driver's Test? Very
Link to article in The Globe and Mail:
10) Telematics and the Rise of In-Car Internet Radio, Part II
Link to article on Telematics Update:
11) Portland, Maine Metro Considers Real-Time Information System
Link to article in The Portland Daily Sun:
12) Halifax Transit Riders Discuss Forming Permanent Citizens Group
Link to article in The Chronicle Herald:
13) Intelligent Transport System in Baku, Azerbaijan Up and Running in the Spring
Link to Trend article:
14) What Would You Like Subway Announcers to Say?
Link to article in The New York Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Australians Will Make Russian Highway Smart
Link to story on RT:
16) ARTIMIS Moving from Cincinnati to Columbus, Ohio
Link to story on WCPO-TV:
17) Five Must-Have Apps for Drivers
Link to article in PC Advisor:
18) TRW Says New Display Makes Controlling In-Car Functions Easier
Link to article in automotiveIT International:
TransAction 2012 – April 11-13 – Atlantic City, New Jersey
Today in Transportation History
1982 **30th anniversary** The offshore drilling rig Ocean Ranger sank off the Newfoundland coast with the loss of all 84 people aboard.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net