Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, February 27, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) United Arab Emirates Launches Electronic Aviation Encyclopedia
Link to article from the Emirates News Agency:
2) New York State DOT Rethinks Traffic Camera Towers on Parkways After Complaints
Link to article in The Journal News:
3) Maine DOT Adding Traffic Cameras to I-295 in Advance of Construction
Link to article in The Portland Press Herald:
Link to news release from Maine DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Poster Campaign Urges Toronto Residents to 'Save the Subways'
Link to CBC News story:
Link to news release from the Toronto Taxpayers Coalition:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) New Jersey Fire Chief Develops App to Improve Emergency Response
Link to article in the Daily Record:
Link to further information: http://www.first-responder.com
6) US DOT's Distraction Guidelines as Challenge and Opportunity
Link to article on Telematics Update:
7) Minnesota Light Rail Gets a Name, New Logo
Link to story on Minnesota Public Radio:
Link to news release:
8) Linx Transportation Network in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming Launches Online Ticketing
Link to article in Teton Valley News:
Link to further information from Linx:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Kentucky Speedway Getting the Fix on Traffic
Link to article in the Lexington Herald-Leader:
10) New Animated DC Beltway Traffic Map Takes Guesswork Out of Commute
Link to story on WUSA-TV:
Link to map: http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~rahul/I495/
11) Speed Sensors to Help Ohio Motorists Plan Travel Routes
Link to article in The Daily Jeffersonian:
12) Master of Lights: The Man Who Controls Over 4,000 Signal Lights in Los Angeles
Link to article on Neon Tommy:
13) Bill Ford: Computing Tech Will Upend the Auto Industry
Link to article on CNET:
14) More Fleets Get Connected
Link to article in Connected World:
Passenger Terminal Expo – April 18-20 – Vienna
Today in Transportation History
2002 **10th anniversary** A train fire in India killed 59 Hindu pilgrims.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net