Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, February 14, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Attend IBTTA Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees and Transportation Finance Summit, April 29-May 1, 2012 in Jersey City, New Jersey
This conference combines the best features of IBTTA's Transportation Finance Summit with the depth of content from the Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees organized by the Texas Department of Transportation Institute and the University of Minnesota in 2009-2011. Sessions will explore the latest studies and pilot programs in mileage-based user fees and the diverse range of financing tools available to toll agencies, state DOTs and local governments. Conference Partners: Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota; Texas Transportation Institute and TRB. Co-Sponsors: I-95 Corridor Coalition, Mileage-Based User Fee Alliance and the Reason Foundation. View the preliminary agenda, make your hotel and travel reservations, and register today! www.ibtta.org/jerseycity
1) Online Tug of War is Over Ownership of Ontario, California Airport
Link to article in the Daily Breeze:
Link to Set ONTario Free!: http://setontariofree.com/
Link to LA/ONTario -- The Facts: http://www.lawa.org/ont/LAOntario.aspx
2) New Promotional Video Sells Value of West Michigan Regional Airport
Link to article in The Holland Sentinel:
3) Following an Emergency Landing in Real-Time Via the Web
Link to article on Tnooz:
4) Ride the City Opens Bike Mapping Page for Los Angeles
Link to Streetsblog Los Angeles:
Link to Ride the City – Los Angeles: http://www.ridethecity.com/?region=la
5) Satellite Train Location Project Launched in Romania
Link to article in Railway Gazette:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Feds Leaving Cities, States in Dark on Billboard Safety
Link to article on FairWarning:
7) Distracted Driving Countermeasures for Commercial Vehicles
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
8) Telematics and Probe Data: The Revenue Opportunities
Link to article on Telematics Update:
9) Spare Time, Strange City
Apps help travelers explore local sites.
Link to article in The New York Times:
10) Regional and Suburban Officials at Odds Over Design of Bus Rapid Transit Vehicles
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
11) Topeka Metro Looks to Upgrade Tech
Link to article in The Topeka Capital-Journal:
12) For Transit Agencies, the 'Operate and They Will Come' Mantra is Giving Way to a Marketing-Based Approach
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) New App, IE511, Reports Traffic Solutions in Southern California
Link to article in The Press-Enterprise:
Link to IE511 app: http://www.ie511.org/
14) Despite Accidents – Kansas DOT Says New Electronic Signs Do Their Job
Link to story on KWCH-TV:
15) Streaming Media to Your Car: More Choices, Maybe More Distractions?
Link to article on ExtremeTech:
16) Russell Shields, Chair of Yagomi LLC, Talks Connected Vehicles, ITS Standardization and eCall
Link to video from ERTICO:
46th International Aviation Snow Symposium – April 14-18 – Buffalo, New York
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The USS E-1 was commissioned. The submarine was commanded by Lt. Chester Nimitz, who later led the US Pacific Fleet during World War II.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net