Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, February 24, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Westchester County Airport Traffic Controllers Caught on Video
Link to story on WNYW-TV:
2) Selecting a Seatmate to Make Skies Friendlier
Link to article in The New York Times:
3) DIY Mapping: Cycle Routes in Moscow
Bicycle activist working to map bicycle paths in city.
Link to blog on Pattern Cities:
Link to site: http://pixelchannel.ru/useless/ (in Russian)
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) McDonald's to Trial Car Navigation Food Order System
Link to article on Japan Trends:
Link to news release form McDonald's Japan:
5) NY Waterway Ferry Users Get Global Positioning System for Edgewater, New Jersey Residents
Link to article in Edgewater View:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) China Could Use Technology to Improve Train Safety and for Real-Time Traffic Information
Link to story on Channel NewsAsia:
7) We Need Limits on Dashboard Distractions
Link to editorial in the San Jose Mercury News:
8) SEPTA to Spend $100 Million for Positive Train Control
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Northumberland, UK to Test System Warning Drivers When Tides Flood Causeway
Link to article in the Northumberland Gazette:
10) New Traffic Center Controls Tyne and Wear Roads
Link to article in The Journal:
- Operations Supervisor – City of Appleton Valley Transit – Appleton, Wisconsin
- Deputy Executive Director, Administration – Metra – Chicago, Illinois
Railway Terminal World Design and Technology Conference – April 18-19 – Vienna
A different way to carpool.
Today in Transportation History
1887 **125th anniversary** The Canadian Society of Civil Engineers held its first meeting.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net