Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, February 23, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Air Traffic Errors in US Stay Flat After Surge
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
2) Network Failure Knocks Out Cellphones, Communication at New England Air Traffic Centers
Link to story on WBZ Radio:
3) Future Airports – March 2012
A number of communication-related articles are in this issue.
Link to magazine:
4) Guide Offers Solutions to Applying Machine Vision to ITS Challenges
Link to article in Vision Systems Design:
5) Colorado DOT: Better Signage Coming to Highway 82 in Wake of Fatal Pedestrian Crash
Link to article in The Aspen Times:
6) California Lawmaker Wants to Put Brakes on Naming Freeways, Bridges
Link to story in the Los Angeles Times:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Utah Bill Updates Texting While Driving Ban to New Technology
Link to article in the Deseret News:
8) TSA Piggybacks on Coast Guard Emergency Alert Systems
Link to article in Government Computer News:
9) Heard Underground, In Your Dreams
Fantasy New York City subway announcements.
Link to article in The New York Times:
10) Why @WMATA is Failing at Social Media
Link to blog on The Shortest Road:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Tweets from North Carolina DOT are a Bad Weather Option for Good Info
Link to story on WFMY-TV:
12) Look, No Hands! The Driverless Future of Driving is Here
Link to story from CNN:
13) Livio Radio: How Apps Get Into Cars
Link to article on Telematics Update:
ASME 2012 Joint Rail Conference – April 17-19 – Philadelphia
Today in Transportation History
1927 **85th anniversary** The Radio Act of 1927 was signed into law by President Calvin Coolidge. The act created the Federal Radio Commission, forerunner of the Federal Communications Commission.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net