Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Attend IBTTA Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees and Transportation Finance Summit, April 29-May 1, 2012 in Jersey City, New Jersey
This conference combines the best features of IBTTA's Transportation Finance Summit with the depth of content from the Symposium on Mileage-Based User Fees organized by the Texas Department of Transportation Institute and the University of Minnesota in 2009-2011. Sessions will explore the latest studies and pilot programs in mileage-based user fees and the diverse range of financing tools available to toll agencies, state DOTs and local governments. Conference Partners: Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota; Texas Transportation Institute and TRB. Co-Sponsors: I-95 Corridor Coalition, Mileage-Based User Fee Alliance and the Reason Foundation. View the preliminary agenda, make your hotel and travel reservations, and register today! www.ibtta.org/jerseycity
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
1) Politicians Tell UK Department for Transport 'Newspapers are the Best Place for Traffic Regulations'
Link to article in the Hastings and St. Leonards Observer:
2) ScotRail to Pilot Wi-Fi on Edinburgh to Glasgow Trains
Link to BBC News story:
3) New Technology Could Help Washington State DOT Better Predict Road Conditions
Link to story on Northwest Cable News:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) US Secretary of Transportation Honks When He Sees Drivers Talk or Text
Link to story on WTOP Radio:
5) In-Car Cameras Help Teens Improve Driving Skills
Link to story on KING-TV:
6) Myki Website Glitch Triggers More Commuter Anger
Link to article in The Age:
7) University of Cape Town Launches Jammie Shuttle Traveler Information System
Link to article in Monday Paper:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) App Will Help Blind, Visually Impaired Navigate Streets
Link to article in the Minnesota Daily:
9) US Rule Set for Cameras at Cars' Rear
Link to article in The New York Times:
10) Mercedes to Integrate Apple's Siri into New Cars
Link to article in PCWorld:
Webinar: Second Traffic Management Center Pooled Fund Study: A Look at SunGuide – February 29
Today in Transportation History
1827 **185th anniversary** Maryland passed an act to incorporate the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net