Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 14, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Fixing US Air Traffic Dysfunction Seen in Canadian Example
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) Committee for a Smart New Jersey Holds Symposium Looking at ITS in Garden State
Link to story on Transportation Radio:
3) Thinking Aloud Podcast from Thinking Highways
Link to podcast:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Oklahoma Writer Receives National Media Award for Transportation Coverage
Link to article in the AASHTO Journal:
5) Taking Uber for a Test Drive in San Francisco
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
6) Angry Commuters Say NJ Transit's Communication Derailed After Hurricane Sandy
Link to article in The Star-Ledger:
7) Gwinnett Transit to Follow MARTA with Rider Surveillance
Link to story on WXIA-TV:
8) Privacy Advocates Push for Change in How Long Clipper Card Information is Stored
Link to article on Peninsula Press:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Gwinnett County, Georgia to Upgrade Traffic Monitoring Center
Link to article in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
10) Rearview Camera Requirement Could Boost Vehicle Costs by $200
Link to article in The Detroit News:
11) An In-Depth Look at Ann Arbor's Vehicle-to-Vehicle Pilot
Link to article in Government Technology:
12) Florida Court Strikes Down Law That Banned Loud Music from Cars
Link to article in The Miami Herald:
2) Mentor Engineering Selected to Provide Comprehensive Intelligent Transportation Systems for Multiple Agencies
I've seen some homes uncomfortably close to major highways, but this sets a new standard.
Webinar: New Horizons in Transit from East to West - Innovative Agencies Around the US – December 18
http://www.itsa.org/events/webinarseries (scroll down)
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** Mariner 2 passed within 22,000 miles of Venus, making it the first successful mission to another planet.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net