Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, December 6, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Boca Raton, Florida Ties Traffic Cameras Into Surveillance Network
Link to article in GCN:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
2) YouTube Tips for Government
Link to video from Government Technology:
SAFETY / SECURITY
3) MBTA to Install 400 New Security Cameras in Six Red Line Stations
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
4) Advocates Push for Tougher Texting-While-Driving Law in Virginia
Link to article in The Virginian-Pilot:
5) Caltrain Can't Afford to Install Wi-Fi
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
6) Helsinki Commuters Use RFID to Get Transit Updates, Post Messages
Link to article in RFID Journal:
7) NHTSA Gets White House OK to Mandate Vehicle 'Black Boxes'
Link to article in The Detroit News:
8) Sprint Wants to Get in Your Car
Link to article in Popular Mechanics:
9) GEWI ITS America Webinar: 'How Navigation, Connected Vehicles and DOTs are Benefiting from TPEG
Link to recording of webinar:
Parking Industry Exhibition – March 10-13 – Rosemont, Illinois
Today in Transportation History
1897 **115th anniversary** London became the first city in the world with licensed taxicabs.
1917 **95th anniversary** Two ships traveling through Halifax Harbor collided causing munitions aboard one of the ships to explode. The blast killed approximately 2,000 people.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net