Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 28, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FCC Adopts New Licensing Rules for In-Flight Internet Service
Link to article on CNET:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/1IUr6
2) Social Media is Dead – Airline Marketing in 2013 All About Connected Travelers and the Real World
Link to blog on Tnooz:
3) Technology Tackles Port Security Imperative
Link to article in AAPA Seaports Magazine:
http://ht.ly/gihpD (page 16)
4) License Plate Data: Business Opportunity or Public Safety Risk?
Link to story on Minnesota Public Radio:
5) New York MTA Releases App with Real-Time Subway Countdown Clocks
Link to story on WCBS-AM Radio:
Link to news release: http://mta.info/news/stories/?story=921
6) Rapid-Transit Bus Route to Be Built in Tijuana, Mexico
Link to article in U-T San Diego:
7) Bangalore Buses to Soon Have Two CCTV Cameras
Link to article in The Times of India:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Nevada Highway Patrol Kicking Off Social Media Traffic Alerts
Link to story on KOLO-TV:
While you're heading to the airport, here's an Air France view of what's happening with your plane to get it ready for departure.
Road Safety on Four Continents – May 15-17 – Beijing
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The San Francisco Municipal Railway began operation with streetcar service on Geary Street.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net