Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Transportation Radio Interview and Topic Suggestions
I hope you've had a chance to listen to my Transportation Radio reports. While I have some upcoming reports planned, I'd also want to ask for your suggestions for interviews. For the TCN the subject should relate to some aspect of transportation communications. If it's appropriate, I also link to the reports in other newsletters I edit.
The interviews can be done by phone so interview subjects can be anywhere in the world. The interviews typically run under ten minutes and are then edited into a report of less than four minutes. If you have any suggestions or questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
1) Convenient App Delivers Food to Your Airport Gate at a Touch
Link to article on Australian Business Traveller:
2) Traffic Noise Causes Communication Breakdowns in Kangaroo Rats
Link to article on Science 2.0:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) San Francisco District Attorney Hopes New Campaign Will Make Drivers and Pedestrians Not Hate Each Other
Link to blog in SF Weekly:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/Bbnro
4) Federal Railroad Administration Adjusting Positive Train Control Requirements
Link to article in Occupational Health & Safety:
5) Thales Selected for India's First CBTC Deployment
Link to article in the International Railway Journal:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Three Emerging Technologies That Will Impact Emergency Management
Link to article in Emergency Management:
7) Ohio DOT Looks to Change Structure of Travel Information Centers
Link to article in the Portsmouth Daily Times:
8) Who Made That New York City Subway Signage?
Link to article in The New York Times Magazine:
9) Car Collision Avoidance Technology Could Drive Down Teen Insurance
Link to blog in The Wall Street Journal:
3) TÜV Rheinland to Discuss Model-Based Systems of Traffic Control at Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting
7) Agero Connected Services Leads Digital Dashboard Revolution With New AgeroVie Cloud Delivery Platform
COMeSAFETY Webinar: European International and National FOTs for Cooperative ITS Evaluation – December 12
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Roland Garros set a new altitude record of 18,670 feet while flying over Tunis.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net