Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 3, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Free Webinar: Pinpoint the ROI of UBI in order to accelerate towards Mass Market
You may know that top auto insurers Progressive, Allstate and Liberty Mutual are already using telematics data to set lower premiums for their consumers. However, there is much more value to be found in telemetry data than lower pricing and a golden portfolio of drivers for insurers.
You're invited to a free webinar that will explain how these data sets can improve the claims
management process for all and give way for value added services such as roadside assistance so you can improve customer loyalty. We will also discuss the details of Progressive’s IP licencing.
Expert speakers from Progressive, Towers Watson and Plymouth Rock will tell us how the entire industry can widen their service offerings for their buyers and increase ROI for all parties involved. Join us for the free webinar on Thursday 9th May (11am – 12pm EDT).
1) FAA Delays Decision on Terminating Contract Weather Observers
Link to article in The Washington Post:
2) London to Create Airport of the Future with 'Internet of Things'
Link to story on CNN:
3) Utah Unveils Web Page for Bicyclists
Link to article in the Standard-Examiner:
4) DC's Elegant Metro Map Suffers from Growing Pains
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
5) Tollers Head into Frey of RF Spectrum War at FCC to Protect Electronic Tolling
Link to article on TOLLROADSnews:
6) Survey: Intelligent Transport Pays Dividends
Link to article in Local Transport Today:
7) Port of Pittsburgh Seeks Partners for Wireless Broadband Network Along Rivers
Link to article in Maritime Reporter:
8) Port of Los Angeles Dismantles Community Advisory Panel
Link to article in the Daily Breeze:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) MBTA's Operations Control Center Uses Technology to Improve Safety, Security
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
10) Texting-While-Driving Ban Approved by Florida Lawmakers, Headed to Governor
Link to article in the Tampa Bay Times:
11) Increasing Truck Driver's Awareness: Use of In-Vehicle 3D Sounds
Link to report from the Transportation Research Board:
12) Insurers Need 'Explicit Consent' for Telematics Data Sharing, Says British Trade Body
Link to article on Out-Law:
13) Metra Considers Combining Internet Air Cards and Rail-Fare Packages
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
14) New York MTA Wants Developers to Use Their Data to Design Transit Apps
Link to story on NY1:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Montgomery, Alabama Opens Traffic Management Center
Link to story on WSFA-TV:
16) GM's Connected Car: Brought to You by Allstate?
Link to Reuters article:
17) Bill Ford: The Future of Self-Driving Cars is Closer than You Think
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
1) Operation Lifesaver Activities Will Highlight Rail Safety Education on May 7, Crossing Awareness Day
2) Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya BarcelonaTech Develops Advanced Traffic Management System to Reduce Costs and Pollution
Finally, a solution for those pedestrians who can't turn their eyes from their mobile devices.
Environment Perception and Navigation for Intelligent Vehicles – June 23 – Gold Coast, Australia
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** Two aircraft crashes, one in Brazil and the other in Camaroon, killed 92 people.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net