Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, May 20, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fundraiser – What's New
One of the newest features of the TCN is the Transportation Radio audio reports. These have allowed me to do some original reporting for the first time. In fact, you'll find the latest interview in today's edition under "Intelligent Transportation."
As the TCN expands its scope, your support is more important than ever. Please consider supporting this resource that attempts to keep you up-to-date on the latest news from thousands of sources from around the world. Information on how to contribute can be found below.
1) For High-Speed Tolling on I-93 in New Hampshire, Laser Scanners and Sunken Loops Keep Track of Vehicles
Link to article in The Telegraph:
GPS / NAVIGATION
2) Pakistan Expected to Become Customer for China's Beidou
Link to article in China Daily:
3) Western States Rural Transportation Technology Implementers Forum to Be Held in June
Link to interview with Sean Campbell and Ian Turnbull on Transportation Radio:
Additional information on Western States Forum: http://www.westernstatesforum.org/
4) Los Angeles Metro Uses Social Media in the Planning Process
Link to article in The Transit Wire:
5) Could This Be a Solution to VMT Privacy Concerns?
Link to Transportation Issues Daily blog:
6) Nordic Road and Transport Research – No. 1 2013
Link to magazine:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
7) District of Columbia DOT Social Media Goes from Gold Standard to Gaffe-Filled
Link to Greater Greater Washington blog:
8) Telematics Connectivity and New Revenue Streams
Link to article on Telematics Update:
9) The Next Stop in Public Transit Advertising? Audio
Link to article in Governing:
10) Washington State Transit System Rejects Gun Control Ads
Link to article in The Daily Herald:
11) Dublin Points Big Data Tech at Traffic Jams
Link to article in InformationWeek:
12) Wait for Intelligent System in Bangalore Buses Gets Longer
Link to article in The New Indian Express:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Real-Time Traffic Video Site Launched for Manila Area
Link to article in The Philippine Star:
Link to site: http://mmda.nowplanet.tv/
14) Synchronizing Modesto, California's Traffic Signals a Tough Job
Link to article in The Modesto Bee:
1) Southern Illinois University Offering New Parking-Emerging Transportation Technologies and Sustainability Course with Summer 2013 Session
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen Court
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
ITS Minnesota Summer Educational Session and Luncheon – June 5 – St. Paul, Minnesota
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** A major milestone in the building of the Panama Canal was achieved when the Culebra Cut, also known as the Gaillard Cut, was broken through.
1913 **100th anniversary** Henry Flagler, a founder of Standard Oil, as well as the Florida East Coast Railway, died.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net