Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, May 30, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Most EU Airports Not Accessible for Deaf People, Research Finds
Link to article on Reduced Mobility Rights:
2) OTG to Install 7,000 iPads at Airport Gates in North America
Link to article on Tnooz:
3) Jakarta Police Want Greater Surveillance of Crime, Traffic
Link to article in the Jakarta Globe:
4) New Traffic Cameras to Aid in Beaufort County, South Carolina Evacuation
Link to story on WSAV-TV:
5) Photos to Be Taken of License Plates of Vehicles Entering and Leaving Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Link to story on WBTW-TV:
6) Utah DMV Reveals Data Breach Discovered in March
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
7) Maryland Derailment Response Gets High Marks
But misidentification of chemicals caused confusion in early hours.
Link to article in The Baltimore Sun:
8) Electronic Train Warning Signs Coming Soon to Langley, British Columbia
Link to article in the Langley Times:
9) Beijing Transport Authority to Ban App Which Allows Riders to Bargain with Taxi Drivers
Link to article in China Daily:
10) OnStar: GM's Not-So-Secret-Weapon
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
11) Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to Launch Real-Time Developer Platform
Link to article in The Transit Wire:
12) Pregnant Boys? New Chicago Transit Ads Spark Dialogue
Link to story on WTTW-TV's Chicago Tonight:
13) Feds to Study Self-Driving Cars, Urge State Caution
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/uc8o3
14) How Mobile Technology is Accelerating the Auto Industry
Link to commentary on Telematics Update:
4) Transit Screen Launches First Real-Time Multimodal Transportation Information Display in Washington, DC
Symposium of the European Association for Research in Transportation – September 4-6 – Stockholm
Today in Transportation History
1883 **130th anniversary** Twelve people are trampled to death on the Brooklyn Bridge due to a stampede.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net