Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Webinar: Assess the Impact of Mandate-Driven Auto Safety in the United States
A positive decision from the Department of Transportation's NHTSA agency this August will create a surge of interest and demand for DSRC tech in the V2V & V2I space. It’s thus clear that all companies in this value chain must be ready for the ramifications and rewards of this government legislation.
We got together Toyota, Cisco and the Michigan Department of Transportation on an exclusive live webinar to reveal how they are pre-empting this key mandate decision and how they plan to take advantage of new growth opportunities in this space.
Hear how they are preparing for the US mandate here:
1) Colorado Springs, Colorado Mayor Hopes Airport Marketing Plan Takes Off
Link to article in The Gazette:
2) Ryanair Rolls Out Online Security System to Block Screenscrapers
Link to article on TravelMole:
3) Houston Techies Tackling Transportation from Many Perspectives
Link to blog in the Houston Chronicle:
4) Hitching a Ride This Summer? There's an App for That
Link to article in USA Today:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Wisconsin Police Become More Aggressive with Redaction
Link to AP article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Harvard Dean Hopes to Reduce Distracted Driving with Hollywood's Help
Link to article in the Harvard Gazette:
7) Telematics in Russia, Part III: Growing the Market
Link to article on Telematics Update:
TRAFFIC INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
8) West Virginia Officials Discuss Tweaks to Turnpike Incident Management Plan
Link to article in The Register-Herald:
9) Poll: Loud Mobile Phone Calls on Public Transport are No. 1 Annoyance
Link to article from The Daily Telegraph:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Gettysburg, Pennsylvania Planning for Heavy Traffic for 150th Anniversary of Battle
Link to article in The Evening Sun:
11) Real-Time Updates Needed on New Hampshire's Spaulding Turnpike Traffic
Link to commentary in the Portsmouth Herald:
12) BlackBerry Making Inroads Into Cars
Link to article on Autonet:
13) Self-Driving Cars Are a Privacy Nightmare. And It's Totally Worth It
Link to blog in The Washington Post:
14) Say Hello to Your Next Car…
Link to blog on The Engineer:
TRB's Second Annual Workshop on Road Vehicle Automation – July 16-19 – Stanford, California
Today in Transportation History
1878 **135th anniversary** Glenn Curtis, an aviation pioneer who also raced bicycles and motorcycles, was born in Hammondsport, New York.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net