Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
INRIX Analytics is now in use by advanced industry partners, extending service to transportation agencies of all sizes. INRIX Analytics is populated with real-time and historical data nationwide, providing turnkey performance metrics on any route of significance across the US. The webinar will provide a brief overview of the analytics suite and early use cases by leading agencies and partner engineering firms. Register now for the May 22, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT webinar.
1) Turning Off iPhone Critical to Pilots Citing Interference
Link to Bloomberg article:
2) FAA Holds Wind-Farm Radar Tests
Link to article in Airport World:
3) Airport Show: Technology Optimization to Further Enhance Passengers' Airport Experience
Link to article from Islamic Finance News:
4) Making Airports Gorgeous
Photographer shoots airports from low altitudes.
Link to blog in Slate:
5) Google Revamps Maps with 3D, Cards, Social Search
Link to article on CNET:
6) European Commission to Promote Roll-Out of Intelligent Information Services
Link to article on HGV UK:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/gB81d
7) Port of Montreal Wins International Award for Wi-Fi Service to Seafarers
Link to blog from The ITS Seafarers' Trust:
8) RelayRides Buys Wheelz for Peer-to-Peer Car-Sharing Technology
Link to article in Forbes:
9) Our Love/Hate Relationship with Traffic Cones
Link to BBC News story:
10) North Providence, Rhode Island Forced to Order a Redo on Street Signs
Link to article in The Valley Breeze:
SAFETY / SECURITY
11) Kuwait Holds Conference on Role of Information and Communications Technology in Improving Road Safety
Link to article from the Kuwait News Agency:
12) Insurance Back Boxes Could Become the Norm, Says UK's Institute of Advanced Motoring
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
13) Long Island Rail Road Adds Auto Queuing System at New York's Penn Station
Link to article in Metro:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/iXGdS
14) Cost Has Metra Leery of Wi-Fi
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
15) US Transportation Secretary: Cost to Be Big Factor in 'Talking' Cars Acceptance
Link to Reuters article:
16) Toyota Petitions US Government to Allow High-Tech Headlights
Link to article in the San Antonio Business Journal:
17) University of Michigan Announces New Transportation Research Center
Link to article on AnnArbor.com:
Port Security Seminar and Exposition – July 17-19 – Baltimore
Today in Transportation History
1963 **50th anniversary** Gordon Cooper was launched in Mercury 9, the final mission of the Mercury program.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net