Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
Free Webinar: Pinpoint the ROI of UBI in order to accelerate towards Mass Market
You may know that top auto insurers Progressive, Allstate and Liberty Mutual are already using telematics data to set lower premiums for their consumers. However, there is much more value to be found in telemetry data than lower pricing and a golden portfolio of drivers for insurers.
You're invited to a free webinar that will explain how these data sets can improve the claims
management process for all and give way for value added services such as roadside assistance so you can improve customer loyalty. We will also discuss the details of Progressive’s IP licencing.
Expert speakers from Progressive, Towers Watson and Plymouth Rock will tell us how the entire industry can widen their service offerings for their buyers and increase ROI for all parties involved. Join us for the free webinar on Thursday 9th May (11am – 12pm EDT).
Register here: http://bit.ly/ZSWhAI
1) Future Still Unknown for Small Airport Towers
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
2) Craving Wi-Fi, Preferably Free and Really Fast
Link to article in The New York Times:
3) Oregon DOT Plans to Raise the IQ of Portland-Area Highways to Improve Commute Times
Link to article in The Oregonian:
4) High-Tech System to Make India's Noida-Greater Noida Expressway Safer
Link to article in The Times of India:
5) Japan, China Hold Talks on Maritime Communications
Link to Kyodo article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Dedicated Phone Number at Bangalore Traffic Management Center to Help Ambulances Get Through Traffic
Link to article in The New Indian Express:
7) Social Media Meets Emergency Response
Link to article in Connected World:
8) New York City to Taxi App: Not so Fast
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
9) New Signage Hopes to Make Transit Connections Easier in Chicago Area
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Traffic Management Boosted by Cloud Technology
Link to blog on CloudPro:
6) Airlines Missing Major Opportunities to Drive Ancillary Revenue through Mobile Devices, According to FlightView
7) Outdoor Advertising Association of America Teams with NHTSA and Ad Council on 'Stop the Texts. Stop the Wrecks'
Webinar: Pedestrian Safety and Flashing-Yellow Arrow Traffic Signals – May 7
Today in Transportation History
1898 **115th anniversary** The Battle of Manila Bay took place. The US Navy destroyed the Spanish Pacific Squadron during the Spanish-American War.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net