Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 13, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Port of Portland Can't Reject Anti-Clearcutting Ad at Airport, Judge Rules
Link to article in The Oregonian:
2) Foreign-Based Airlines Already Have Cell Service
Link to article in USA Today:
3) IATA Pushes Deadlines for E-Freight Again
Link to article in Air Cargo World:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Google Maps Navigation Adds 25 Countries
Link to article on Android Headlines:
5) Transportation Professionals Share Ideas Across State Lines
Link to article from Metro Regional Government:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Mobility Factbook Launched; Explains How People Move In, Through and Out of New York City
Link to blog from the Rudin Center for Transportation Policy & Management:
7) Speculation Abounds: What's Blocking the $80 Million Tunnel Boring Machine Bertha?
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) TSA Wants to Monitor Movement of Railcars Carrying Hazardous Materials
Link to article in Government Security News:
9) Russian Traffic Police Use Cameras in Unique Way to Cut Car Thefts
Link to article from the Rosslyskaya Gazeta:
Link to original article: http://rg.ru/2013/12/10/ugon.html (in Russian)
10) Vision Zero International – January 2014
Link to magazine:
Link to magazine:
11) Commercial Telematics in Russia
Link to articles on Telematics Update:
http://goo.gl/ujf3bJ (part 1)
http://goo.gl/4jAUmT (part 2)
12) Tech Solutions, Transportation Policy Can Collide
Link to article in Politico:
13) Get Yourself in a Connected Car
Link to article in Radio Ink:
2) Airports Council International, International Air Transport Association Collaborate to Deliver Smart Security
5) New York City DOT Publishes First-Ever Metric for Measuring Economic Benefits of Safer, More Sustainable Streets
6) Frost & Sullivan: Proliferation of GPS-Enabled Smartphones Spurs Growth of Global Location-Based Applications Market
This kind of makes bringing home the Christmas tree tied to your rooftop seem a bit wimpy.
From another viewpoint: http://youtu.be/FF9ntiP9g7g
- Call for Speakers – Vehicle Dynamics Convention 2014
North American International Auto Show – January 13-26 – Detroit
Today in Transportation History
1958 **55th anniversary** A squirrel monkey named Gordo was lost after a 300 mile space journey. His capsule sunk in the South Atlantic after re-entry.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net