Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, December 26, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Leveraging Type B Messaging: The Hidden Potential for the Aviation Industry
Link to blog from ARINC:
2) Security isn't Only Use for Cameras in Houston Area
Link to column in the Houston Chronicle:
3) Senior Transportation Services in Montgomery County, Texas Benefit from New Software, Tablets
Link to article in The Villager:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
4) Indore, India Traffic Police Making Short Films to Create Awareness of Traffic Rules
Link to article in DNA:
TAXIS / RIDESHARING
5) Gett Reveals New Look, App and Delivery Service as It Prepares to Do Battle with Uber
Link to article on TechCrunch:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) Raleigh, North Carolina in Final Stages of Synching Signals, Adding Cameras
Link to story on WRAL-TV:
7) Newport News and Hampton, Virginia Tackle Traffic Snarls with Smarter Signals
Link to article in the Daily Press:
8) Macomb County, Michigan Opens New Communications Technology Center
Link to article in Advisor & Source:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/zkzK8V
9) IBM Smarter Cities Initiative: Using Big Data for Better Traffic Flow
Link to blog on Silicon Angle:
10) Technology Fuels New Police Cruiser in New York City
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
8th World Cargo Symposium – March 11-13 – Los Angeles
Today in Transportation History
1913 **100th anniversary** Train service began at Detroit's Michigan Central Station.
1943 **70th anniversary** The German battleship Scharnhorst was sunk in the Battle of North Cape.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net