Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, December 19, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) FAA Inspector General: Management Failures Threaten NextGen
Link to article on Nextgov:
2) FAA Concerned About Interconnectivity of Electronic Systems on Airbus A350-900
Link to article in Government Security News:
3) Ohio Judge Says Efficiency Not Good Case for Traffic Cameras
Link to AP article:
4) Q&A with Pat Jones, CEO of IBTTA on ETC Interoperability
Link to interview on TOLLROADSnews:
5) Project Evaluates Smartphone Truck Data
Link to article from the Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium:
6) ITS News & Updates from ITS Joint Program Office – December 19
Link to update:
7) GE Makes the Most Hypnotically Pulsating Video Ever About Intermodal Freight Transport
Link to article in Adweek:
8) Instrumenting the Smart City, One Parking Space at a Time
Link to article on ZDNet:
9) Norwegian European Rail Traffic Management System Pilot Line Goes Live
Link to article in the Railway Gazette:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/x5kryZ (in Norwegian)
2) New York MTA Releases Free Apps for LIRR and Metro-North Customers, Expands LIRR Train Time to All Branches and Stations
Forward Thinking on the Front Range: A Smart Growth Tour – February 10-12 – Denver
Today in Transportation History
1813 **200th anniversary** Fort Niagara, near Youngstown, New York, was captured by British forces during the War of 1812.
1913 **100th anniversary** AT&T agreed to divest itself of Western Union and take several other steps. In return it was allowed to operate as a government-sanctioned monopoly, in what became known as the Kingsbury Commitment.
1988 **25th anniversary** Metro Traffic opened their New York City operation.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net