Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, December 23, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Flights of Fancy: Inside the Intense World of Virtual Pilots
Link to article in The Washington Post:
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
2) Smartphone App Transforms Bicycles into Electric-Hybrid Vehicles
Link to AP article:
3) Free Rides: Booze Brands Align with Transportation Apps
Link to article in Advertising Age:
4) Odds of Hitting a Red Light in Utah? Just 1-in-4
Link to article in The Salt Lake Tribune:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) Virginia DOT Uses New Technology to Make Afton Mountain Safer
Link to story on WVIR-TV:
6) 'Humber Bridge Updates' App Offers Live Traffic Information
Link to article in the Hull Daily Mail:
7) CES 2014 Will Showcase the Near Future of Driving
Link to article on CNET:
8) Mercedes-Benz Partners with Pebble for Smart Watch App
Link to article in Automobile:
9) Why the Meta Manager Matters for the Connected Car
Link to report from GigaOM:
10) Self-Driving Cars and the Future of Robotic Automotives
Link to video from Wired UK:
- Call for Abstracts – Western States Rural Transportation Technology Implementers Forum
Connected Vehicle Planning and Policy Stakeholder Workshop – January 16
Today in Transportation History
1968 **45th anniversary** The crew members of the USS Pueblo were released by North Korea.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net