Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 20, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Newfoundland Wants Maritime Rescue Center Reopened
Link to Canadian Press article:
2) Profitable Lessons from TomTom's Brush with a Data Privacy Controversy
Link to article on Data Informed:
3) Daktronics Looking to Expand Manufacturing Facilities in South Dakota
Link to article in the Redwood Falls Gazette:
4) Information, Communication, Travel Behavior and Accessibility
Link to article in the Journal of Transport and Land Use:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) TSA Launches New Web Pages Aimed at Kids and Spanish-Speaking Travelers
Link to article in Government Security News:
Link to TSA Kids: http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-kids
Link to TSA en Español: http://www.tsa.gov/es/espa%C3%B1ol
SAFETY / SECURITY
6) Senators Support Proposed Mass Transit Safety Study by Argonne National Lab
Link to AP article:
7) First-of-Its-Kind Urine Detection System Installed in Atlanta Transit Station Elevator
Link to story on WSB-TV:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) New Traffic Control System in Saudi Arabia Draws Mixed Response
Link to article in Arab News:
9) The Asahi Shimbun Looks at 'The Future of Cars'
- World's Automakers Set Up in IT Hub to Gain Technological Edge
- Vehicles Are Becoming 'Portals' to the Information Highway
- Cars of the Future Must Meet Needs of Ever Evolving Cities
10) WeatherCloud Hopes to Take Data to the Streets
Link to article in the Boulder County Business Report:
Link to further information: http://weathercloud.co/
1) Iteris Awarded Five Year Transportation Operations Training Contract with National Highway Institute
In my final Friday Bonus before Christmas I thought I'd share this surprise the US Air Force Band sprang on visitors to the National Air and Space Museum.
M2M Telematics for Usage-Based Insurance – February 19-20 – London
Today in Transportation History
1973 **40th anniversary** Spanish prime minister, Luis Carrero Blanco, was assassinated in a car bomb attack in Madrid.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net