Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 6, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) New Mobile App Available to Pay Tolls at Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
Link to article in The Windsor Star:
2) Can Smart Signals and Crowdsourcing Clear the Roads?
Link to article in the Toronto Star:
3) How Scientists Put Data to Work for Weather and Transportation
Link to article on VentureBeat:
4) Metro-North is Ordered to Modify Its Signal System
Link to article in The New York Times:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/r1Z0qA
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) Confusion Over Electronic Ticketing System Forces Closure of Melbourne Rail Station Info Booth
Link to story on 3AW Radio:
6) Mobility Lab Uses Transportation Demand Management to Fight Congestion in the Washington, DC Area
Link to interview on Transportation Radio:
7) GM and the Future of Context-Aware Apps
Link to podcast on Telematics Update:
2) New Jersey DOT Announces Travel Options and Outreach Plan to Prepare Motorists for Upcoming Closure of Northbound Pulaski Skyway
I don't think Star Trek: The Next Generation ever did a Christmas episode. Now, nearly a decade after the show ended, here it is.
Webcast: Integrated Technology: Connecting Mass Transit Agencies with Data and Visibility Toward Efficiency, Awareness and Safety – December 10
Today in Transportation History
1958 **55th anniversary** Pioneer 3 was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net