Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, December 31, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1) The Quest to Create the Perfect Map
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
2) Mumbai Sets Up Think Tank to Help Solve Traffic Woes
Link to article in The Times of India:
3) Could 2014 Be the Year of the Driverless Golf Carts?
Link to article in Golf Digest:
4) Top New Jersey Traffic and Transit Stories of 2013
Link to blog from WKXW Radio:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Website Will Track New York City Traffic Deaths
Link to article in the New York Post:
Link to site: http://rightofway.org/VisionZeroClock/
6) UK Department for Transport Invests £30,000 in Pothole Reporting App
Link to article in The Daily Telegraph:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/ku5GHh
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) High-Tech Tactics to Fight Road Deaths in New Zealand
Link to article in The Dominion Post:
8) Q&A: What Robots Mean for Airport Security
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
9) Magic Bus: The Fight for the OBD2 Port
Link to article on Telematics Update:
10) Irish Tech Juggernaut, Fleetmatics, Has World Mapped Out
Link to article on Silicon Republic:
Link to additional information: http://www.fleetmatics.com/
2) Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Installs Touch-Screen Information Kiosks at Bus Terminal
Inaugural Women in Parking Conference – March 19-20 – Rosemont, Illinois
Today in Transportation History
1878 **135th anniversary** Karl Benz finished the design of his two-stroke engine for which he was granted a patent the next year.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net