Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, December 27, 2013 – ISSN 1529-1057
BICYCLES / PEDESTRIANS
1) San Francisco Added to a Burgeoning 'Street View for Bikes'
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
2) Vandals Knock Out 35 Oahu Traffic Cameras
Link to story on KHON-TV:
3) New Freeway Toll-Collection System Symbolically Inaugurated on Taiwan
Link to article on Focus Taiwan:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) Nokia Removes Here Maps from Apple App Store
Link to article in The Indian Express:
5) 'Multiviewers' Allow Ops Centers to Display Multiple Video Feeds
Link to article in Government Video:
6) New York City Plans Pay-By-Phone Parking System
Link to article in Crain's New York Business:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) TSA Gathering Contact and Incident-Related Info from Pipeline Operators
Link to article in Government Security News:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) Crowd-Sourced Text-Messaging App Helps Nairobi Motorists Avoid Traffic Jams
Link to article on SciDev:
9) Video Tour of New Macomb County, Michigan Emergency Ops and Surveillance Center
Link to article and video on MLive:
FedEx mechanics not only keep the planes flying; they do it with a smile.
ITE Technical Conference and Exhibit – March 9-12 – Miami
Today in Transportation History
1968 **45th anniversary** Apollo 8 splashed down in the Pacific Ocean.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2013 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net