Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 2, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Google Gets into the Airline Reservation Business
Link to article in PCWorld:
2) Louisiana Supreme Court Favors Secrecy for Traffic Camera Records
Link to article in The Times-Picayune:
3) San Antonio Drivers See Value in 'Wrong Way' Highway Sign Campaign
Link to story on KSAT-TV:
SAFETY / SECURITY
4) Signaling Safer Driving
UK latest European country to use 'soft' speed enforcement techniques.
Link to article in ITS International:
5) Researchers Develop Handheld Tool to Collect and Map Wildlife-Vehicle Collision Data
Link to article in the UTC Spotlight Newsletter:
6) Atheist Group Denied Advertising on Pennsylvania Transit System
Link to story on WNEP-TV:
7) Rider Jams Cellphones on SEPTA Buses
Link to story on WCAU-TV:
8) Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority Approves Automated Vehicle Tracking
Link to article in The Blade:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Cloud Technologies for Traffic Monitoring and Control
Link to article from ERTICO:
10) Michigan DOT Installing Speed Sensors Along State Freeways
Link to column in The Detroit News:
- Request for Proposals – Manufacture of Real Time Information Signs for BRT Shelters – Monterey-Salinas Transit
- Request for Proposals – Smart Card – London Transit Commission
SAE World Congress – April 24-26 – Detroit
An interesting contrast in traffic directing styles. Compare the Filipino traffic officer in the first link with the technique used in Pyongyang, North Korea in the second link.
Today in Transportation History
1937 **75th anniversary** The Steel Workers Organizing Committee signed an agreement with U.S. Steel, leading to the unionization of the steel industry in the US.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net