Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) United Not So Friendly for Calling Customers
Link to audio on MarketWatch's Red, White and Blue Chips:
2) Inflight – Spring 2012 Issue
Includes a number of articles related to aviation communications.
Link to magazine:
3) Drivers File Lawsuit On Louisiana School Bus Cameras
Link to story on WDSU-TV:
4) With Eye on GPS Navigational Units, Iowa House Cuts Funds for Road Maps
Link to SourceMedia Group News:
5) Thanks to Facebook, Traffic Light Installed at Deadly Alabama Intersection
Link to story on WAAY-TV:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Los Angeles Fire Department Mum on Public Information About Fires, Traffic Accidents, Emergencies
Link to City News Service article:
7) Transit Workers Union Targets Riders in New Campaign
Link to article on The Huffington Post:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Metrolink Holds Safety Workshop for Regional Transit Agencies
Link to article in the Los Angeles Times:
9) Harnessing Data to Provide Value for Automakers and Customers
Link to recorded webinar on Telematics Update:
10) Synchronized Signals, Colored Bus Lanes Will Speed San Francisco Buses
Link to article in the San Francisco Chronicle:
11) Pennsylvania Transit Agency Stands Firm Against Atheist Ad
Link to article in The Times-Tribune:
12) Reminder: Researchers Seek Feedback on Accessible Transit Communications
Link to further information on TheTransitWire:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
13) Transport for New South Wales Will Use Social Media to Improve Communication to Commuters
Link to article in The Sydney Morning Herald:
14) Nokia's Transport Beta Delivers Local Public Transportation Directions
Link to blog on SlashGear:
- Vice President of Marketing for Roadway Sensors – Iteris, Inc. – Santa Ana, California
Attentive Driving – Countermeasures for Distraction Forum & Webcast – March 27 – Washington, DC
Today in Transportation History
1762 **250th anniversary** French astronomer Nicolas Louis de Lacaille died in Paris.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net