Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 1, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Bernie Wagenblast Transportation Voice Recordings
In the past I've told you about my voiceover work for clients such as the Port Authority of NY & NJ, Virginia DOT, TransCore and Sensys Networks. Just last week, The New York Times featured my voice work for MTA New York City Transit. They asked readers to submit recordings they'd like to hear in the subway stations and we recorded nearly a dozen. I invite you to give a listen to the recordings. Even if you don't have a need for a voiceover I think you'll enjoy these "fantasy" announcements. On the other hand, if you're considering using a professional voice for a transit system, phone greetings or narration, these recordings will give a sample of what I can do. You can also learn more, and hear more traditional examples of my work, by visiting my website.
1) Virgin Atlantic Hires 'Whispering Coach' to Teach Flight Crews How to Speak Quietly
Link to article in USA Today:
2) Ryanair CEO: 'Who Needs Self-Service When You've Got the Internet?'
Link to interview on Future Travel Experience:
3) Ryanair to Offer Online Gambling on Its Website
Link to article on Gambling Kingz:
4) Living Through an E-ZPass Nightmare
Drivers, experts say the convenience is overrated because the system is flawed.
Link to story on WCBS-TV:
5) News from ERTICO
- Swedish ITS Council Report Released
- Draft Summary of Findings from Consultation with International Organizations on Seamless Transport
6) Scenic North Carolina Seeks Legal Block to New Tree Cutting in Billboard Zones
Link to article in Mountain Xpress:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Theme and Kickoff Event Announced for 2012 National Work Zone Awareness Week
Link to further information from US DOT:
8) Signs Atop New York City Taxis Will Soon Change to 'Available/Unavailable'
Link to article in the Daily News:
9) Montreal's Opus Cards Going Online by End of 2013
Link to article in The Gazette:
10) Pointing the Way to Better Transit in the Bay Area
Metropolitan Transportation Commission working to improve transit signage across systems.
Link to story on KALW Radio:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Samsung to Set Up Traffic Management Center in Ethiopia
Link to article on 2Merkato:
12) Transportation Defined: Highway Advisory Radio
Link to blog from Arizona DOT:
13) Apple's Hiring Automotive Engineers, is an 'iCar' Infotainment System Coming?
Link to article on Jalopnik:
14) Future Connectivity
Ford asked: 'What will communications technology in vehicles help us to do in the future?'
Link to comments on Storify:
15) Facebook and Ford Sync Hackathon
Link to video:
Mid-America Freight Coalition Annual Meeting – April 18-20 – Minneapolis
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Albert Berry became the first person to jump from an airplane with a parachute.
1972 **40th anniversary** The Southern California Rapid Transit District takes delivery of a steam turbine-powered bus for a year-long demonstration project.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net