Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, March 19, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Vice President of Marketing, Roadway Sensors – Iteris, Inc. is seeking an experienced ITS Marketing professional to position our Roadway Sensors business unit for accelerated growth. Roadway Sensors is a market leader in vehicle sensing and detection in the ITS/traffic management market. Key requirements for this position include: At least 10 years experience in sensor technology with at least 15 years experience in the ITS/Traffic Management market. We are seeking a motivated professional with product marketing experience in ITS/traffic management, background in pre-development market and competitive research, development of product & service requirements, product launch, and exceptional marketing communications skills. Based in Santa Ana, California, this position will report to the Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Sensors.
Our strategy is to become the leader in providing information management solutions for the intelligent traffic management market. Learn more about Iteris and how you can help make this vision happen! Visit us at . Send confidential resumes or letters of inquiry to Anne Bologna: .
1) FAA Monitors System Safety via 30 Airports
Link to article in Air Transport World:
2) FAA to Take Fresh Look at Use of Personal Electronics on Planes
Link to blog in The New York Times:
3) Volunteers Map the World One Step at a Time, Wikipedia-Style
Link to AP article:
GPS / NAVIGATION
4) GPS Jammers Threaten Air Traffic Navigation
Link to story on Bloomberg:
5) A Web App Which Rates the Walkability of Your City
Link to blog on This Big City:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) 'Don't Barrel Through Work Zones': National Work Zone Awareness Week 2012
Link to article in Focus:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) All-Hazards Type 3 Incident Management Teams are Catching On
Link to article in Emergency Management:
8) Distracted Driving Disingenuousness: Four Inconvenient Truths
Link to commentary in Forbes:
9) Fleet Telematics: Where the Growth is, Part II
Link to article on Telematics Update:
10) Chicago Transit Authority Seeks to Sell Some Naming Rights
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
11) Police Cars in Plantation, Florida to be Equipped with Voice-Activated Device that Warns When They're Speeding
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel:
12) Beyond Driving – Today's Technology Speeds Driver-Office Interaction, Workflow
Link to article in Commercial Carrier Journal:
- Request for Proposals – Freeway Service Patrol Operation – Hawaii Department of Transportation
To receive the RFP when released in May, please send an email to email@example.com.
National Air Service Conference – April 1-3 – Austin, Texas
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The Los Angeles & San Fernando Valley Electric Railway Company was sold to the Pacific Electric Railway.
1932 **80th anniversary** The Sydney Harbour Bridge was officially opened.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net