Transportation Communications Newsletter
Monday, March 12, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
2012 National Rural ITS Conference
Submit an Abstract! The 2012 National Rural ITS Conference Planning committee would like to invite you to submit an abstract for presentation at the Conference in Biloxi, Mississippi. All abstracts must be received by Friday, March 16, 2012 and authors should take care to ensure that abstracts submitted follow the guidelines.
1) Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport First to Rent and Sell Movies on Flash Drives
Link to article in the Star Tribune:
2) US Airways Buys Over Two Dozen Domain Names Suggesting Merger with American Airlines
Link to article on Domain News Wire:
3) The Titanic: Live-Tweeted to Mark 100-Year Anniversary
Link to blog on The Next Web:
Link to TitanicVoyage Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/TitanicRealTime
4) Smart Moves Newsletter – March 2012
Link to ITS newsletter from Florida DOT District Four:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) The Secret to Good Communication, Plain and Simple
FRA, NHTSA scored lowest in website readability analysis.
Link to interview in Federal Computer Week:
6) Federal Agencies Restrict Media Access, Survey of Journalists Finds
Link to article in Government Executive:
Link to survey from the Society of Professional Journalists:
SAFETY / SECURITY
7) Japanese Automakers Eye Online Road Maps for Disasters
Link to article in The Yomiuri Shimbun:
8) Regulators Argue Banning Embedded Electronics Will Lead to Other Distractions for Drivers
Link to article in the Detroit Free Press:
9) @TBD On Foot Blog
- How Should WMATA Address Suicides and Sexual Harassment?
- Real-Time Bus Arrival Signs are Coming to Washington, DC
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Intelligent Transport System Being Installed in Lahore, Pakistan
Link to Associated Press of Pakistan article:
Link to related article in The Express Tribune:
11) Waterloo, Ontario Region Moving Toward Smarter Traffic
Link to column in The Record:
ITS-NY Spring Forum: Managing Weather-Related Events with ITS Technologies – April 12 – Hawthorne, New York
Today in Transportation History
2002 **10th anniversary** US Homeland Security Chief Tom Ridge unveiled the color-coded threat advisory system.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net