Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, March 9, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Chicago Inspector General: Airports Blew $171,000 on GPS Devices that Didn't Work
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
Link to report:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
2) Transportation Trades Department of AFL-CIO Debuts Blog
Link to Move America:
3) Hollywood, Florida Unleashes Robocalls to Fight Illegal Signs
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel:
4) Rail Smartcards to be Rolled Out Across UK
Link to BBC News story:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
5) Philadelphia Synchronizing Traffic Lights on 21 Thoroughfares
New traffic operations center to be built.
Link to article in The Philadelphia Inquirer:
6) Metro Traffic FM Likely to Go On Air in Katmandu Within Three Months
Link to Himalayan News Service article:
7) SunGuide Overview – Recording of Webinar
Link to presentation:
8) Aviva Looks to iPhone App to Cut Cost of Motor Insurance
Link to article in The Telegraph:
- Senior Engineer/Operation Research Analyst – Research and Innovative Technology Administration – Cambridge, Massachusetts
Webinar on US DOT's ITS Professional Capacity Building Program – March 21
Wow, they really do enforce speed limits with aircraft.
Today in Transportation History
1862 **150th anniversary** The USS Monitor and the CSS Virginia battle to a draw in the first fight between two ironclad warships.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net