Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, March 22, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) The Trouble with Wi-Fi on Aircraft
Link to Tribune Newspapers article:
2) Reducing Sound Pollution to Help the Sea Creatures
Link to story on KUT Radio:
3) Seattle Traffic Reporter Will Blend Broadcast, Social Media in Special Tonight
Link to article on GeekWire:
Link to further information from KIRO-TV: http://www.kirotv.com/connect/
4) ITS Professional Capacity Building Program Offering Free Web-Based Training on ITS Standards
Link to further information from US DOT:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Traffic Map Shows Danger Spots for Kids in Austin, Texas Area
Link to story on KXAN-TV:
6) Honolulu Council Members Question Public Outreach Campaign for Rail Transit
Link to story on KITV-TV:
7) Distracted Driving Campaign Goes Public in Missouri
Link to AP article:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Michigan Summit on Traffic Safety Tackles Distracted Driving 'Culture Clash'
Link to article on MLive:
9) US DOT Bus Safety App is as Clear as a Blind Curve in a Fogbank
Link to commentary on Transportation Nation:
10) Resources Available for National Work Zone Awareness Week 2012
Link to further information from the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
11) Kentucky Speedway Track Readies for Traffic
Link to article in The Courier-Journal:
12) Bridge Wind Sensors to Offer Certainty, Safety in North Florida
Link to story on WJXX-TV:
13) AT&T Reinvents the Steering Wheel
Vibrations tell you when to turn; less distracting that visual and auditory cues, researchers say.
Link to article in Technology Review:
14) App Tells You Likelihood of Getting Car Towed or Stolen in Seattle
Link to article on seattlepi.com:
Link to more information on AutoDefender Seattle:
- Vice President of Marketing for Roadway Sensors – Iteris, Inc. – Santa Ana, California
- Request for Proposals – Naming Rights Sponsorship for Georgia 511 Navigator – Meridian Environmental Technology
T3 Webinar: Data to Go - Mobile Devices Serve Up Real-Time Transit Data – April 10
Today in Transportation History
1992 **20th anniversary** USAir Flight 405 crashed on takeoff from LaGuardia Airport. Of the 51 people aboard, 24 survived.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net