Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, March 7, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Transportation Communication Tweets
I'm going to try something a little different. I'll ask questions from time-to-time and get your responses via Twitter. It allows the TCN to be a little more interactive and for you to share your thoughts with other TCN readers. I'll post some of the responses in the next edition of the TCN, but you can also read all of the comments by following my Twitter account.
My first TCN tweet; Do you have a transportation communications pet peeve? Tweet your responses to @TransportComm. Thanks!
1) FAA Confirms Shift to 90-Day Underwater Locating Devices
Link to article in Occupational Health & Safety:
2) Traffic Cameras Won't Be on Arizona Ballot
Link to article in The Arizona Republic:
GPS / NAVIGATION
3) Biggest Solar Storm in Years Nears Earth, May Disrupt Power, GPS, Airplane Flights
Link to AP article:
4) Review of Walt Disney World Transportation Wizard App
Link to review on The Mac Observer:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Union Targets GOP Leaders with Radio Ads Over Transportation Funding
Link to article in The Washington Post:
6) Big Bird Tweets: How Organizations Use Social Media to Gauge Public Persona
California DMV uses social media pages to try to improve its image with the public.
Link to article in Computerworld:
7) Canadian Transportation Safety Board Sound the Alarm on Railway Safety After Derailments
Agency calls for automated system to slow trains and voice recorders.
Link to Postmedia News article:
8) Corrosion Detection System Passes Test, Shows Promise as Bridge Health Monitor
Link to article in Engineering News-Record:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Washington State Patrol Says It Will Pay for Federally Required Radio Upgrade
Link to article in The News Tribune:
10) Fleet Telematics: Where the Growth is, Part I
Link to article on Telematics Update:
11) Long Island Rail Road Worker Named Best in Customer Service
Link to article in Newsday:
Link to news release:
12) New Bus Ads Draw Ire of Gun Rights Advocates
Link to story on KOMO-TV:
13) Hair Loss Company Uses Unique Transit Ad
Link to Ads of the World:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Las Vegas Motor Speedway Employing Apps to Help Ease Traffic Problems for NASCAR Weekend
Link to article in the Las Vegas Sun:
15) Driving While Online: Automakers See Networked Future for Cars Despite Safety Concerns
Link to AP article:
4th International Congress on Speed Reduction and Control – May 17 – London
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Henri Selmet made the first non-stop flight was made from London to Paris.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net