Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 11, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
It's May and that means it's time for the biannual TCN fundraising drive. Your support over the years has meant a lot and has allowed the TCN to grow. In the past ten+ years I've only missed one day and, hopefully, I can keep that streak going for many years to come.
Some readers have told me that if I send them an invoice it makes it easier for them to contribute. If that's the case for you, just let me know and I can email you an invoice.
Remember, monetary gifts are just one way to support the TCN. You can use my voiceover services and you can encourage your colleagues to subscribe. The TCN is also a great way to advertise your services and products to the 7,600+ subscribers. Donation information is available below.
1) In-Flight VoIP Call Gets Delta Air Lines Passenger Escorted Off Plane
Link to story on MSNBC:
2) Initial NextGen Components Falling Into Place
Link to article in Aviation Week & Space Technology:
3) World's 12 Best Airline Magazines
Link to story from CNN International:
4) Big Data for Retail is Flying Off the Shelves
Data from trucks helps companies make more reliable deliveries.
Link to article on Forbes AdVoice:
5) iMobility Newsletter – May 2012
Link to newsletter from ERTICO:
6) The Information Technology Evolution at BNSF
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
7) Canadian Pacific Gets Agile with Hybrid Cloud
Link to article in ComputerWorld Canada:
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Tennessee Fatality Board a Warning to Motorists, Distraction to Some
Link to article in The Tennessean:
9) Toddler Flagged on TSA 'No-Fly' List by JetBlue, Parents Claim
Link to article in the Daily News:
10) First Responders Prepare at Idaho Governor's Safety Summit
Link to story on KSL-TV:
11) Abu Dhabi Set to Test Smart Signs for Taxis
Link to article in Gulf News:
12) Singapore LTA to Put Up New Signs to Ease Train Travel
Link to article in the Straits Times:
13) Researchers Rate Transit Apps on Accessibility
Link to article on TheTransitWire:
14) DC Metro Announcements: The Voice of New York City Subway System Weighs In
Link to blog in The Washington Post:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) I-70 Coalition to Target Ski Pass Holders in Colorado Traffic Management Efforts
Link to article in the Summit Daily:
16) Cars of the Future Will be Computers on Wheels
Link to article in USA Today:
17) Cedar Avenue Driver Assist System Evaluation Report
Link to report from the Federal Transit Administration:
2) ARTBA-APTA Transportation Ad Campaign Featuring Presidents Reagan and Clinton Wins Prestigious Marketing Award
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
IBTTA Summit on All Electronic Toll Collection – July 22-24 – Atlanta
A look at traffic reporting in New York City, circa 1980, with cameo appearances by the TCN editor!
Today in Transportation History
1862 **150th anniversary** The CSS Virginia, previously the USS Merrimack, the first steam-powered ironclad warship of the Confederate States Navy, was scuttled in the James River.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net