Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
TCN Fund Drive
Twice a year (May and November) I conduct a fundraising drive to help support the TCN. Near the bottom of the newsletter you'll find information on how you can contribute. In addition to monetary gifts, there are other ways you can support the TCN. These include buying ad space in the TCN, utilizing my transportation voiceover services or simply letting others in the field know about the TCN so they too can subscribe. Throughout May I'll provide more details on how you can support the TCN. Thank you!
1) Whistleblower Agency Alerts White House to Troubling Pattern in Aviation Safety
Link to article in Government Executive:
2) Transparency, Technology and Tolls
With E-ZPass transponder you should know what you're going to pay.
Link to editorial in the Oak Hill/Herndon Connection:
3) FHWA to Host National Online Dialogue on Improving Transportation Performance
Link to article in Focus:
4) NASA Contest Yields Space Apps for Earth, Too
Link to article in Government Security News:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
5) Learning and Growing: What are You Doing to Stay Fresh and Current?
Link to Talking Transportation blog:
6) Wi-Fi Connections Unsteady on Amtrak, Coaster
Link to blog in the North County Times:
7) I-95 'Smart' Highway System Expanding Into Northern Palm Beach County, Florida
Link to article in the Sun Sentinel
SAFETY / SECURITY
8) Alabama Officials Reverse Course, Allow Road Signs Directing People to Tornado Shelter
Link to story on Fox News:
9) Distracted Driving Measures Gain in Illinois, Lag in Missouri
Link to article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
10) Telematics and Electric Mobility, Part I
Link to article on Telematics Update:
11) Chicago Commuters Still in Dark About NATO Security
Link to story on WMAQ-TV:
12) Virginia Railway Express Rolls Out Changes to Train Tracking System
Link to article on Fredericksburg Patch:
13) Peapod Unveils Virtual Grocery Store Aisle at Chicago Transit Station
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
14) Vancouver, British Columbia Upgrading Traffic Computers
Link to story on CKWX Radio:
15) How High-Tech Carpooling Saves Gas, Money and Time
Link to blog on Mashable:
16) GM Handing Out Free iPads to Cadillac Buyers so They Can Get Used to Controls
Link to article on Wall St. Cheat Sheet:
17) Google's Autonomous Cars: What Nevada Learned
Link to article in Government Technology:
18) An Interview with GM's Autonomous Car Specialist
Link to article on just-auto:
19) Pioneer Touts World's First Car GPS with Augmented Reality HUD
Link to article on Engadget:
1) TeleCommunication Systems Navigation Applications to Provide HopStop Public Transportation Routing
Checks or money orders may be mailed to:
1 Aberdeen CT
Cranford, NJ USA 07016-2911
You may also donate online with a credit card via PayPal at:
Integrated Corridor Management: Integrating Highway, Arterial and Transit Operations for Improved Corridor Performance – May 23 – National Harbor, Maryland
Today in Transportation History
1962 **50th anniversary** The Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane made its first flight.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net