Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Register Today for IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop: Market, Communication and Policy Trends in Tolling – June 17-19, 2012 in San Francisco, CA
IBTTA’s Organization Management Workshop will offer a new focus this year on the trends in tolling and highlight best practices and innovations across a multitude of disciplines in the industry. Attendees can expect three exciting General Sessions, complimented by an External Affairs track focused on Research, Social Media and Community Outreach. We will also introduce a new track, “Trend Watch,” that will delve into major trends in the toll industry in areas such as Transportation Finance, Human Resources, the Environment and Research and Studies. In addition to information-packed learning sessions and networking opportunities, this workshop will feature a technical tour of the East Span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge followed by a visit to the 75th Anniversary exhibit at the Golden Gate Bridge. If you’re responsible for the finance, HR, government affairs, community affairs, media and PR, marketing or administration in your organization, this meeting is for you! Visit to view the preliminary agenda, make your hotel reservations, and register today. The special hotel rate expires May 23, 2012.
1) Mobile Wake-Up Call for Airlines
Link to commentary on Tnooz:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
2) Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Launches Rider Information Videos
Link to article in Metro:
3) Canadian National, Canadian Pacific Mark Rail Safety Week Canada
Link to article in Railway Track and Structures:
4) How to Monetize the Telematics Ecosystem
Link to article on Telematics Update:
5) Officials to Boost Detroit Bus Reliability with Tracking System, Increased Service
Link to article in The Detroit News:
6) High-Tech Transit Emerging in the Minnesota Woods
Link to story on Minnesota Public Radio:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
7) Chicago Rolls Out NATO Summit Communications Center for Businesses
Link to article in the Chicago Tribune:
8) How Do They Do That? Make Roads Smarter
Link to article in The Source:
9) Idaho Makes Electronic Proof of Insurance Official
Link to article in the Idaho Statesman:
3) KMJ Consulting, Inc. Recognized on the Philadelphia Business Journal's Engineering Firms List as Top 100 MBE
- Pre-solicitation Notice – Technical Support and Tasks for the Saxton Transportation Operations Laboratory – Federal Highway Administration
Connected Vehicle Test-Bed Development and Integration Workshop – June 1 – Buffalo, New York
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Otto Kretschmer, the most successful U-boat commander for the German Navy during World War II, was born in Prussia.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net