Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, May 3, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
IBTTA Organization Management Workshop – June 17-19 in San Francisco
This event is taking on a new focus this year. You can learn more in this audio update. To view the preliminary agenda, make your hotel reservation and to register, just go to www.ibtta.org/sanfrancisco. The special hotel rate expires May 23.
If you enjoyed the audio update, please let me know. It's a different way to get the word out about your new product or upcoming event. I'd be happy to record something similar for your organization. Please contact me at email@example.com.
1) FAA Issues Warning to Passenger Who Filmed Bird Strike
Link to story on CNN:
2) Rethinking the Lowly Boarding Pass
Link to article in The Wall Street Journal:
3) After the Plane Gets You to the Airport, an App Comes in Handy
Link to article in The New York Times:
4) Obama Administration Urges Freer Access to Cellphone Records
Justice Department official says warrant shouldn't be needed to obtain cell data on movement of a suspect.
Link to Reuters article:
5) TRA 2012: Greener, Safer and Smarter Surface Transport for Europe
Link to article from ERTICO:
6) New Inquiry into 'Puffin' Pedestrians Crossings Amid Safety Fears
Link to article in The Telegraph:
7) How the Blind are Reinventing the iPhone
Link to article in The Atlantic:
8) The Prius V and Its Entune System
Link to blog in The New York Times:
9) Public Transport Victoria to Pull New iPhone App, Replace It with Old One
Link to story on 774 ABC Radio Melbourne:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) Intelligent Transportation System to be Installed Along Ottawa Road 174
Link to story on CFRA Radio:
11) Eight 'Killer New Car App' Features for 2013
Link to article in Forbes:
4) Delaware Memorial Bridge Spans Social Media Twitter Page @demembridge Features Bridge Information, Travel Updates
Dynamic Mobility Applications and Data Capture Management Programs – May 24 – National Harbor, Maryland
Today in Transportation History
1952 **60th anniversary** The first airplane landing took place at the North Pole. The plane was piloted by Joseph O. Fletcher and William P. Benedict.
1962 **50th anniversary** A crash involving three trains killed 160 people near Mikawashima Station in Tokyo.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net