Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Last week, INRIX released its 5th Annual INRIX Traffic Scorecard revealing a startling 30% drop in traffic congestion in 2011. This webinar will provide an executive summary of the report findings and analysis of key trends driving traffic conditions in metros across the United States. Register Now for this May 31 Webinar.
1) House Committee to Review FAA Flight Tower Consolidation Plans
Link to article in The Hill:
2) ERTICO eMagazine – May 2012
Link to magazine:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
3) Ohio Spending More to Promote Traffic Safety
Link to article in the Hamilton Journal-News:
4) Massachusetts Splurges $4.5 Million on New Signs Along Route 128
Link to column in the Boston Herald:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) Communicators Workshop Broadens Emergency Response Awareness
Link to article in Metro:
6) NFC Doesn't Cut It on the London Tube, Says Public Transport Exec
Link to article in PC World:
7) Stagecoach Partners with Everything Everywhere for NFC Bus Ticketing Pilot
Link to article on NFC World:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
8) IBM Intelligent Transportation: Provides Citywide Traffic Visibility to Help Alleviate Congestion and Rapidly Respond to Incidents
Link to white paper from IBM:
9) Proposal to Put Advertisements on Baltimore Fire Trucks Moves Forward
Link to story on WMAR-TV:
10) 82 Years of Car Radio
Link to infographic from CBS News:
5) Telvent to Provide Enhancements to Pinellas County’s Advanced Traffic Management and Intelligent Transportation Systems
IBTTA Annual Meeting & Exhibition – September 9-12 – Orlando, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** Wilbur Wright died of typhoid fever at 45.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net