Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, May 4, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Spirit Airlines Gets a Lift from Edgy Ad Campaigns, Free Publicity
Link to column in Investor's Business Daily:
2) Articles from May 2012 Issue of Airport Industry Review
- Believing in Biometrics
- Eyes to the Sky – Germany's DFS Tells How Latest System Upgrade Improved Operations
3) Goodbye, FastLane. Hello, E-ZPass – Massachusetts to Rename Express Toll System
Link to article in The Boston Globe:
4) Port of Tacoma Rebranding, Updating Logo
Link to article in The News Tribune:
5) US DOT's ITS Professional Capacity Building Program Offering Free ITS Standards Training
Link to additional information:
6) FHWA Knowledge Sharing Community Site Launches in SharePoint 2010 Platform
Link to site:
7) How Twitter Helped One Man Become Chicago's Most Popular Cab Driver
Link to article on The Atlantic Cities:
8) Tax Dollars Fueling Ads for Rail Transit Plan in Jackson County, Missouri
Link to article in The Kansas City Star:
9) Moveuskadi Implements on the Cloud Model for Transit Data Interconnection
Link to article from ERTICO:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
10) University of Arizona Engineers Help Demonstrate Emergency Responder Traffic System in Anthem
Link to article in Arizona Engineer:
11) First Car Audio NFC Device?
Link to article in CEoutook:
12) Principles for a Connected Vehicle Environment
Link to further information from US DOT's ITS Joint Program Office:
1) Growing with Technology, Telematics is Now a Must Have Tool of Trade for Heavy Vehicle Transport Industry
Link to video: http://youtu.be/HBXQBFblfk4
Innovations in Traffic Flow Theory, Highway Capacity, and Quality of Service Symposium – June 19-22 – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Next time you pine for the good old days, think about what it was like before snow plows were invented.
Today in Transportation History
1982 **30th anniversary** The British destroyer, HMS Sheffield was sunk after being hit by an Exocet missile during the Falklands War.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net