Transportation Communications Newsletter
Wednesday, May 2, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Close Call Cover-Up: FAA Not Notified Jets Outside Honolulu Were on Collision Course
Link to story on KGMB and KHNL-TV:
2) FAA's Low Marks Cast More Doubt on NextGen
Link to story on WFED Radio's The Federal Drive:
3) FAA Says iPad Pilot Program is Paying Off
Link to article in Government Computer News:
4) Maine Cyclists Say Sign with 'Petty' Messages Discriminates
Link to article in Portsmouth Herald:
5) Traffic Engineers: Arizona Intersection Bill Safety Concerns Overblown
Link to article in Arizona Capitol Times:
GPS / NAVIGATION
6) North Korea GPS Jamming Affect Flights: Seoul Official
Link to AFP article:
7) CMU-Penn T-SET UTC Researcher Creates Smarter Parking in Pittsburgh
Link to article in the UTC Spotlight Newsletter:
8) Cast of The West Wing Reunites for PSA Promoting Walking
Link to video on Funny or Die:
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
9) What are the Best Practices for Measuring Transportation Communication?
Link to Talking Transportation:
SAFETY / SECURITY
10) MBTA, US Department of Homeland Security to Test Bioterrorism Sensors in Stations
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
11) Smarter Transport Systems Mean Safer Roads
Link to article in the European Commission Road Safety Newsletter:
12) Should US Ban Cellphone Use by Drivers?
Link to commentary in The Christian Science Monitor:
13) Telematics: Using Marketing Partnerships to Build Brands
Link to article on Telematics Update:
14) BART Defends Mobile Service Shutdown to the FCC
Link to article in Computerworld:
15) Chicago Transit Authority Police Use Technology to Catch iPhone Thieves
Link to article in the Chicago Sun-Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
16) Companies Develop Technologies to Ease Traffic Congestion in Africa
Link to article in Business Daily:
17) Montana Highway Patrol Troopers Get Instant Insurance Verification System
Link to article in the Missoulian:
18) Pioneer Study Finds High In-Car App Use
Link to article in CEoutlook:
Lifesavers National Conference on Highway Safety Priorities – June 14-16 – Orlando, Florida
Today in Transportation History
1952 **60th anniversary** The first jet airliner flight with fare-paying passengers took off. The BOAC flight went from London to Johannesburg.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net