Transportation Communications Newsletter
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
Last week, INRIX released its 5th Annual INRIX Traffic Scorecard revealing a startling 30% drop in traffic congestion in 2011. This webinar will provide an executive summary of the report findings and analysis of key trends driving traffic conditions in metros across the United States. Register Now for this May 31 Webinar.
1) Social Media Start-Ups Bring Compatible Travelers Together
Link to article in USA Today:
2) How is the DC Metro Map Made? You Might be Surprised
Link to blog on DCist:
3) Apple's New iOS 6 Maps App with 3D Mapping is Coming this Summer
Link to article on BGR:
4) News from ERTICO
- Siim Kallas Seeks Stronger EU-Turkey Cooperation on Transport
- TISA Publishes a TPEG Handbook, Now Available for Download
- ITS United Kingdom Re-elects Chairman and Vice Chairman for 2012/13
5) New York City Parking Rules Now on an Online Map
Link to article on Transportation Nation:
Link to DOTMap: http://nycdot.info/dotmap/
PUBLIC INFORMATION / EDUCATION
6) Growing Your Twitter Followers, as Easy as 1-2-3
Link to Talking Transportation:
7) US DOT Notes Close Call Reporting System, R&D Strides in Rail Industry
Link to article in Progressive Railroading:
8) Tender Process Launched for Train Protection, Warning System on India's Southern Railway
Link to article in The Hindu:
SAFETY / SECURITY
9) Companies Move to Ban Cellphones While Driving
Link to article in The New York Times:
10) Key Words Raise Red Flags for Homeland Security
Among words are Metro, bridge, infrastructure and subway.
Link to story on WTOP Radio:
11) Telematics, Regulation and Driver Distraction
Link to article on Telematics Update:
12) Transport for London Shies Away from NFC for Olympic Games
Link to article on QR Code Press:
13) Phoenix Metro's Social Media Strategy Helps Agency Better Connect with Riders
Link to article in Metro:
14) DC Metro Strains to Talk But Struggles for Clarity Among Many Channels
Link to TBD on Foot blog:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
15) Qatar to Complete Intelligent Transport Master Plan by End of 2012
Link to article in MEED:
2012 Mid-Continent Transportation Research Forum – September 6-7 – Madison, Wisconsin
Today in Transportation History
1972 **40th anniversary** Three Japanese gunman opened fire at Lod International Airport in Israel killing 26 people.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at email@example.com.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net