Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 24, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Report: Bird-Strike Data for Planes Skimpy
Link to article in USA Today:
Link to report from the US DOT Inspector General: http://goo.gl/0kjUQ
2) Survey: de Gaulle 'Rudest Airport in Europe' –
Link to article in the Daily News:
3) New Report: Making Bicycles Part of the Conversation
Link to blog from the League of American Bicyclists:
4) Using Smartphones to Collect Bicycle Travel Data in
Link to report from the Texas Transportation Institute:
Employees Win US Coast Guard Award for
Program that Allows for Real-Time Tracking of Container Inspections Georgia Ports
Link to article in the Savannah Morning News:
6) 'Solar Dashboard' Shows Real-Time Updates of Energy Produced at Solar Highway Project
Link to article in The Oregonian:
Link to 'Solar Dashboard': http://goo.gl/p98E6
One Way to Cut Rush-Hour Traffic
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
DOTD Explains How It Handles Traffic
Link to story on WGMB-TV:
9) Technology Helps
Ease Traffic on Glendale,
Arizona Bell Road
Link to editorial in The Arizona Republic:
10) Car Device Allows You to Mirror Apps on Car Radio and DVD Screens
Link to article in CEoutlook:
5) Georgia Tech and Council on Competitiveness Publish Report on US Manufacturing Competitiveness with Focus on Supply Networks and Logistics
I’m going to be spending part of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in
If any local readers would like to get together with me, please drop me
a note at email@example.com. Montreal
I'm not sure I want to drive all these roads, but they sure are nice to look at.
Today in Transportation History
1912 **100th anniversary** The USS Jupiter, the first US Navy surface ship propelled by electric motors, was launched.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net