Transportation Communications Newsletter
Thursday, August 23, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Through Airport Security in the Blink of an Eye
Link to article in Bloomberg Businessweek:
2) Airport Boarding Gates Get a Facelift
Link to story on MarketWatch:
3) ITS South Africa Welcomes Gauteng Transport Project After 'Planning Vacuum'
Link to article in Engineering News:
4) Intelligent Transport Systems in Turkey
Link to article from ERTICO:
SAFETY / SECURITY
5) US National Public Safety Network: $135 Million Set for Planning
Link to article in Government Technology:
6) US Coast Guard Officially Accepts New Rescue 21 Communications System in Buffalo, New York
Link to article in Government Security News:
7) Road Safety Newsletter – September 2012
Link to newsletter from the European Commission:
8) New York City Taxis' New Logo to Eliminate Word 'Taxi'
Link to article in The New York Times:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
9) Electronic Message Boards Alert Idaho Drivers
Link to article in the Idaho Press-Tribune:
10) How Well Will 'Google Now' Get You Around? So Far, Not Very
Link to blog on The Atlantic Cities:
11th Annual Southern California Transportation Summit – September 28 – Anaheim, California
Today in Transportation History
1957 **55th anniversary** The Saskatchewan section of the Trans-Canada Highway was opened. The province was the first to fully open their portion of the highway.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net