Transportation Communications Newsletter
Friday, August 3, 2012 – ISSN 1529-1057
1) Minnesota Courts Cyclists with a New Mobile Platform
Link to article in Fast Company:
2) Over Half of California DOT Bay Area Traffic Cameras Broken
Link to story on KTVU-TV:
3) Indian Defense Minister Pushes for Completion of Coastal Radar Network Phase 1
Link to article in The Indian Express:
4) Are Government Kiosks Making a Comeback?
Link to article in Government Technology:
5) Lego Robot Vehicle Lesson Plans for Secondary Education
New curriculum to be used as tool for recruiting future transportation engineers.
Link to article in Florida Technology Transfer Quarterly:
TRAVELER INFORMATION / TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT
6) New Traffic Network in Galway, Ireland Passes Its First Major Test
Link to article in the Galway City Tribune:
7) US Customs and Border Protection Adds Low-Power Radio Station at Mexico Border Crossing
Link to article in Government Security News:
8) Ada County, Idaho Use Cameras to Manage Traffic
Link to story on KBOI-TV:
9) Survey: Drivers Like In-Car Internet, Worry About Safety, Privacy
Link to IDG News Service article:
Link to news release: http://goo.gl/ZO0ui
10) IIHS Considering Autonomous Braking, Other Tech as Part of Crash Evaluations
Link to article on AOL Autos:
- Request for Proposals – Transit Safety and Security Audits – Detroit Transportation Corporation
- Request for Proposals – Comprehensive Operational Analysis of DASH Fixed-Route Transit System – City of Alexandria, Virginia
Future Travel Experience 2012 – September 5-7 – Vancouver, British Columbia
Specialty advertising to fight distracted driving.
Today in Transportation History
1492 **520th anniversary** Christopher Columbus left Spain with his fleet of the Pinta, Santa María and Niña, on his first voyage to the New World.
The Transportation Communications Newsletter is published electronically Monday through Friday.
To subscribe (for free) or unsubscribe, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCN archives: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transport-communications
Become a TCN fan on Facebook!
Questions, comments about the TCN? Please write the editor, Bernie Wagenblast at email@example.com.
© 2012 Bernie Wagenblast Communications, LLC www.bwcommunications.net